Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP) is one of the three federal programs managed thorough Express Entry for skilled workers. FSWP is for skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently.
This program has minimum requirements for:
- Skilled Work Experience – Applicant has worked and gained necessary experience while performing the duties set out in the one of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups.
- Language ability – The applicant while completing Express Entry profile need to show that how you meet the language requirements in French or English to submit your application for permanent residency.
- Education – Applicant must submit either your completed foreign educational credential or equivalency assessment or Canadian educational Credential (Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report) from a designated institution approved by the Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) the government body of immigration which oversees the complete process.
You must meet all the minimum requirements to be eligible under this federal program.
If you satisfy all the minimum requirements, then your application will be assessed based on:
- work experience
- whether you have a valid job offer
- English and/or French language skills
- adaptability (how well you’re likely to settle here)
These factors are part of a 100-point grid used to assess eligibility for the FSWP. Your points earning depends on how well you do in each of the 6 factors.
Applicants with the highest scores in the Express Entry pool will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
Entry into the Express Entry pool does not guarantee an ITA for permanent residence. Even after receiving the ITA, the applicant still has to meet eligibility and admissibility requirements under Canada’s immigration law (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
Why Pax Law Immigration Lawyers ?
Immigration is a complex process that requires strong legal strategy, precise paperwork and perfect attention to detail and experience dealing with immigration officials and government departments, reducing the risk of wasted time, money or permanent rejection.
Immigration lawyers at Pax Law Corporation dedicate themselves to your immigration case, providing legal representation tailored to your personal situation.
Book a personal consultation to speak with an immigration lawyer either in person, over the telephone, or through a video conference.