This Canadian immigration Self-Employed Program is designed to attract those applicants who intend and are able to become self-employed in Canada. A unique feature about the Self-employed Program which sets it apart from an Entrepreneur’s Visa Program is that there is no net-worth requirement. However, you must have sufficient funds for immigration purposes according to the usual visa procedure, this includes supporting any dependents (spouse or children) that you are intending to bring into the country with you. This means you have the freedom to set up your business on your own terms, contributing to the Canadian economy in your own unique way without the pressure of a certain profit margin or corporate mindset.
To qualify for this program, applicants must have the relevant experience, intention and ability to either:
- have relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics and
- be willing and able to make a significant contribution to the cultural or sporting life in Canada as artisans or as athletes at an international level;
Relevant Experience is defined as:
- at least two years experience of participation in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level;
- at least two years experience of self-employment in cultural activities of athletics; or
- at least two years of farm management experience
The National Occupation Classification (NOC) of Canada has a complete list of all the career types that fall under these two categories which, for the most part, there is no exception to.
Application will be assessed based on your:
- Experience – At least two years experience in your field (points up to five years)
- Education – Relevant tertiary or skills qualification in your field
- Age – Ideally between the ages of 18 and 35
- Language abilities – Proficient in Canada’s official languages (basic, moderate, high)
- Adaptability – How easy it would be to assimilate into Canadian society
Self-employed persons who intend to live in Quebec are not eligible under this program and should apply under the Quebec Self-Employed Program.
Why Pax Law Immigration Lawyers ?
Immigration is a complex process that requires strong legal strategy, precise paperwork and perfect attention to detail and experience dealing with immigration officials and government departments, reducing the risk of wasted time, money or permanent rejection.
Immigration lawyers at Pax Law Corporation dedicate themselves to your immigration case, providing legal representation tailored to your personal situation.
Book a personal consultation to speak with an immigration lawyer either in person, over the telephone, or through a video conference.