A visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa) is an official document that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) authorities stick in your passport. You can apply for a visitor visa online or on paper. It shows that you meet the requirements needed to enter Canada. Most travellers need a visitor visa to travel to Canada and unless mentioned visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada.
You may need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. The entry document you need depends on:
- the type of travel document you plan to travel with
- the country that issued your travel document
- your nationality
- your method of travel to Canada for this trip
Who is Eligible
You must meet some basic requirements to get a visitor visa. You must:
- have a valid travel document, like a passport issued by your country
- be in good health
- have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
- convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- have enough money for your stay
- The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.
You may also need a medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada. There are list of documents that needs to submit along with the application depending on case by case.
Ineligible to enter Canada
Some people are not admissible to Canada, which means they are not allowed to enter the country. You can be inadmissible for several reasons, including being involved in:
- criminal activity
- human rights violations
- organized crime
You can also be inadmissible for security, health or financial reasons.
Why Pax Law Immigration Lawyers ?
Immigration is a complex process that requires strong legal strategy, precise paperwork and perfect attention to detail and experience dealing with immigration officials and government departments, reducing the risk of wasted time, money or permanent rejection.
Immigration lawyers at Pax Law Corporation dedicate themselves to your immigration case, providing legal representation tailored to your personal situation.
Book a personal consultation to speak with an immigration lawyer either in person, over the telephone, or through a video conference.