Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) is one of the three federal programs managed thorough Express Entry for skilled workers. FSTP gives an opportunity to skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently.

Minimum requirements to be eligible under FSTP:

  • The applicant must have at least 2 years of full-time work experience obtained in a skilled trade in the past 5 years.
  • Your work experience satisfies the job criteria as clearly stipulated in the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
  • Meet the basic language levels in French or English for each language ability ( listening, writing, reading and writing)
  • Have a valid job offer for at least 1 year in that skilled trade or certificate of qualification issued by any of Canada’s territory or province.
  • Applicant Intend to live outside the province of Quebec [Quebec Immigration has its own programs for foreign nationals].

Under the Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC) following occupations are considered as skilled trades:

  • Industrial, electrical and construction trades
  • Maintenance and equipment operation trades
  • Supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
  • Processing, manufacturing and utility supervisors and central control operators
  • Chefs and cooks
  • Butchers and bakers

Applicant required to submit an expression of interest and score the minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score and the score is determined based on their skills, work experience, language proficiency and other factors.

FSTP applicants are not required to prove their level of education to be eligible for the Express Entry profile unless intended to earn points for education.

Why Pax Law Immigration Lawyers ?

Immigration is a complex process that requires strong legal strategy, precise paperwork and perfect attention to detail and experience dealing with immigration officials and government departments, reducing the risk of wasted time, money or permanent rejection.

Immigration lawyers at Pax Law Corporation dedicate themselves to your immigration case, providing legal representation tailored to your personal situation.

Book a personal consultation to speak with an immigration lawyer either in person, over the telephone, or through a video conference.