First, congratulations on the recent sale of your property. We are excited to assist you to finalize the legal paperwork.
Second, please READ and follow ALL the instructions below.
Please fill out our Online Client Retainer Agreement Form (regardless of whether you are a current client of Pax Law Corporation, or not). Make sure you click the “Real Estate SALE” check the box before proceeding to fill out the form. Each person selling the property must fill out the form.
***YOU MUST FILL OUT OUR ONLINE FORM BEFORE WE CAN BEGIN WORKING ON YOUR FILE***
If not already done, please provide your real estate agent with the following information:
Pax Law Corporation
Lead/Senior Conveyancer – Melissa Mayer
Email – [email protected]
Phone – 604-245-2233
You will sign the legal paperwork during an in-person meeting at our office 1 – 2 days before your closing date.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You must bring two pieces of ID, one Primary (i.e., photo) and one Secondary (i.e., no photo requirement) to your meeting (NOTE – please do not use a credit card as your secondary piece). The ID’s must be the same two pieces that you uploaded on your client intake form, which can again be found here – Online Client Retainer Agreement Form.
- We will be requesting what is called a “Discharge Statement” from your current lending institution. This statement shows the amount of funds required to pay off your current mortgage (if applicable).
- Please let your current lending institution that they can expect to receive a request for the above noted “Discharge Statement” from Pax Law Corporation (if applicable).
- Your lending institution will likely charge you some form of monetary penalty for ending your contract with them. We will show you this information during our meeting (if applicable).
- We payout your current mortgage (if applicable).
- We only begin working on your file once we have received all the relevant information from your lending institution and real estate brokerage.
- Once we receive all the relevant information, we will begin working on your file 3 – 4 days before your closing date.
- We will provide you with any remaining sale proceeds in the form of a Pax Law Corporation Trust Cheque.
- Any sale proceeds will be available for pick up at least one day after your closing date.
If you have any general inquires, please contact our conveyancing number below and we will be happy to assist you, based on priority sequence.
We look forward to meeting you and finalizing your sale.
PAX LAW CORPORATION | LAWYERS & NOTARIES
233 – 1433 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2H9
Conveyancer: 604-245-2233 | Fax: 604-971-5152