First, we are excited to assist you to finalize the legal paperwork for your upcoming refinance.
Second, please READ and follow ALL the instructions below.
Please fill out our Online Client Retainer Agreement Form (regardless of whether you are a current client of Pax Law Corporation, or not). Make sure you click the “Real Estate REFINANCE” check box before proceeding to fill out the form. Each person refinancing the property must fill out the form.
NOTE: If you are getting a mortgage through a mortgage broker and using TD Bank, please provide your passport and driver’s licence for the ID requirements on your intake form.
***YOU MUST FILL OUT OUR ONLINE FORM BEFORE WE CAN BEGIN WORKING ON YOUR FILE***
If not already done, please provide your mortgage broker, bank, or other lending institution the following information:
Pax Law Corporation
Lead/Senior Conveyancer – Melissa Mayer
Email – [email protected]
Phone – 604-245-2233
You will sign the legal paperwork during an in-person meeting at our office 1 – 2 days before your closing date.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You must bring two pieces of ID, one Primary (i.e., photo) and one Secondary (i.e., no photo requirement) to your meeting (NOTE – please do not use a credit card as your secondary piece). The ID’s must be the same two pieces that you uploaded on your client intake form, which can again be found here – Online Client Retainer Agreement Form. Remember, if you are using a mortgage broker and your mortgage is through TD, please provide your passport and driver’s licence for the ID requirements on your intake form.
- We may be required to request what is called a “Discharge Statement” from your current lending institution. This statement shows the amount of funds required to pay off your current mortgage.
- If you are paying out any additional debts (i.e. loans, credit cards, lines of credit etc.), please make sure you have the most current statements of each one. Bring these statements to our meeting.
- If we are instructed by your new bank/lender to payout and close any debts/accounts, we MUST act pursuant to those instructions. We will be asking the banks/lenders associated with these debts to close the corresponding accounts.
- If you are refinancing a detached home (i.e. a non-strata property), please bring a copy of your home/fire insurance to your scheduled meeting.
- You are not required to get your new mortgage funds from your lending institution.
- We can only obtain your mortgage funds on the closing date.
- On the day of closing, we pay out all your debts in the form of Pax Law Corporation Trust Cheques based on the information we obtain from your new or current lending institution.
- If there is any short fall in paying out any of the debts (including your current mortgage) you will be required to bring in a bank draft to make up the difference. The bank draft must be made payable to Pax Law Corporation In Trust.
- We cannot begin working on your file until we receive all the relevant information from your lending institution.
- Once we receive all the relevant information, we will begin working on your file 3 – 4 days before your closing date.
If you have any general inquires, please contact our conveyancing number below and we will be happy to assist you, based on priority sequence.
We look forward to meeting you and finalizing your refinance.
PAX LAW CORPORATION | LAWYERS & NOTARIES
233 – 1433 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2H9
Conveyancer: 604-245-2233 | Fax: 604-971-5152