I am the conveyancer at Pax Law Corporation working with Samin Mortazavi and Lucas Pearce. I will be the person handling your real estate transaction.
First, we are excited to assist you finalize the legal paperwork for your upcoming refinance.
Second, please READ and follow ALL the instructions below.
Please fill out our online client intake form HERE (regardless of whether you are current client of Pax Law Corporation, or not). Each person selling the property must fill out a form.
If not already done, please provide your real estate agent the following information:
Pax Law Corporation
Conveyancer – Melissa Mayer
Email – [email protected]
Phone – 604-245-2233
NOTE: Please send [email protected] your mortgage number associated with your current mortgage (if applicable).
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You must bring two pieces of ID, one Primary (i.e., photo) and one Secondary (i.e., no photo requirement) to your meeting (NOTE – please do not use a credit card as your secondary piece). The ID’s must be the same two pieces that you uploaded on your client intake form, which can again be found HERE. Again, if you are using a mortgage broker and your mortgage is through TD, please provide your passport and driver’s licence for the ID requirements on your intake form.
- We may be required to request what is called a “Discharge Statement” from your current lending institution. This statement shows the amount of funds required to pay off your current mortgage.
- If you are paying out any additional debts (i.e. loans, credit cards, lines of credit etc.), please make sure you have the most current statements of each one. Bring these statements to our meeting.
- You are not required to get your new mortgage funds from your lending institution.
- We can only obtain your mortgage funds on the closing date.
- On the day of closing, we pay out all your debts in the form of Pax Law Corporation Trust Cheques based on the information we obtain from your new or current lending institution.
- If there is any short fall in paying out any of the debts (including your current mortgage) you will be required to bring in a bank draft to make up the difference. The bank draft must be made payable to Pax Law Corporation In Trust.
- We cannot begin working on your file until we receive all the relevant information from your lending institution.
- Once we receive all the relevant information, we will begin working on your file 3 – 4 days before your closing date.
If you have any general inquires, please contact me and I will be happy to assist when I am available, based on priority sequence.
We look forward to meeting you and finalizing your purchase.
PAX LAW CORPORATION | LAWYERS & NOTARIES
233 – 1433 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2H9
Conveyancer: 604-245-2233 | Fax: 604-971-5152