I am the conveyancer at Pax Law Corporation working with Samin Mortazavi and Lucas Pearce. I will be the person handling your real estate transaction.
First, congratulations on the recent purchase of your property. We are excited to assist you finalize the legal paperwork.
Second, please READ and follow ALL the instructions below.
Please fill out our online client intake form HERE (regardless of whether you are current client of Pax Law Corporation, or not). Each person selling the property must fill out a form.
If not already done, please provide your real estate agent the following information:
Pax Law Corporation
Conveyancer – Melissa Mayer
Email – [email protected]
Phone – 604-245-2233
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You must bring two pieces of ID, one Primary (i.e., photo) and one Secondary (i.e., no photo requirement) to your meeting (NOTE – please do not use a credit card as your secondary piece). The ID’s must be the same two pieces that you uploaded on your client intake form, which can again be found HERE. Again, if you are using a mortgage broker and your mortgage is through TD, please provide your passport and driver’s licence for the ID requirements on your intake form.
- You will be required to bring a bank draft to your scheduled meeting made payable to Pax Law Corporation “In Trust.” The draft amount covers ALL your closing costs, including but not limited to your remaining down payment, any property transfer tax (if applicable), our legal fees and disbursements, and any pro rated strata and property taxes.
- We will provide you with the amount required for your bank draft 1 – 2 days before your scheduled meeting.
- You are not required to get your mortgage funds from your lending institution.
- We can only obtain your mortgage funds on the closing date.
- We cannot begin working on your file until we receive all the relevant information from your lending institution and real estate brokerage.
- Once we receive all the relevant information, we will begin working on your file 3 – 4 days before your closing date.
If you have any general inquires, please contact me and I will be happy to assist when I am available, based on priority sequence.
We look forward to meeting you and finalizing your purchase.
PAX LAW CORPORATION | LAWYERS & NOTARIES
233 – 1433 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2H9
Conveyancer: 604-245-2233 | Fax: 604-971-5152