First, congratulations on your new property purchase. We are excited to assist you to finalize the legal paperwork.
Second, please READ and follow ALL the instructions below.
Please fill out our Online Client Retainer Agreement Form (regardless of whether you are a current client of Pax Law Corporation, or not). Make sure you click the “Real Estate PURCHASE” check box before proceeding to fill out the form. Each person purchasing the property must fill out the form.
NOTE: If you are getting a mortgage through an independent mortgage broker and using TD Bank, please provide your passport and driver’s licence for the ID requirements on your online form.
***YOU MUST FILL OUT OUR ONLINE FORM BEFORE WE CAN BEGIN WORKING ON YOUR FILE***
If not already done, please provide your mortgage broker, bank, or other lending institution, as well as your real estate agent, the following information:
Pax Law Corporation
Lead/Senior Conveyancer – Melissa Mayer
Email – [email protected]
Phone – 604-245-2233
You will sign the legal paperwork during an in-person meeting at our office 1 – 2 days before your closing date.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You must bring two pieces of ID, one Primary (i.e., photo) and one Secondary (i.e., no photo requirement) to your meeting (NOTE – please do not use a credit card as your secondary piece). The ID’s must be the same two pieces that you uploaded on your client intake form, which can again be found here – Online Client Retainer Agreement Form. Remember, if you are using a mortgage broker and your mortgage is through TD, please provide your passport and driver’s licence for the ID requirements on your intake form.
- You will be required to bring a bank draft to your scheduled meeting made payable to Pax Law Corporation “In Trust.” The draft amount covers ALL your closing costs, including but not limited to your remaining down payment, any applicable property transfer tax, our legal fees and disbursements, and any pro rated strata and property taxes.
- We will provide you with the amount required for your bank draft 1 – 2 days before your scheduled meeting.
- If you are purchasing a detached home (i.e. a non-strata property), please bring a copy of your home/fire insurance to your scheduled meeting.
- You are not required to get your mortgage funds from your lending institution.
- We can only obtain your mortgage funds on the closing date.
- We cannot begin working on your file until we receive all the relevant information from your lending institution and real estate brokerage.
- Once we receive all the relevant information, we will begin working on your file 3 – 4 days before your closing date.
If you have any general inquires, please contact our conveyancing number below and we will be happy to assist you, based on priority sequence.
We look forward to meeting you and finalizing your purchase.
PAX LAW CORPORATION | LAWYERS & NOTARIES
233 – 1433 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver, BC V7M 2H9
Conveyancer: 604-245-2233 | Fax: 604-971-5152