According the website for Citizenship and Immigration Canada:
“Off campus” means the parts of your town or city that are not part of the university or college campus. When you are working off campus, you may be working:
- As a co-op student
- As an intern
- Part-time with a private business or government department
- Full-time with a private business or government department
Use this self-assessment tool to determine whether you can work off campus.
Generally, international students can work up to 20 hours per week:
- During regular school sessions or while you are studying as part of an intensive program with no planned breaks.
- If your studies are part-time because you are finishing the last session of your program.
- If you are a graduate student who has finished the required courses for your degree.
You can work full-time:
- During official school breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break
- After you finish your studies if you have applied for a non-student work permit