According the website for Citizenship and Immigration Canada:

Off-campus work

“Off campus” means the parts of your town or city that are not part of the university or college campus. When you are working off campus, you may be working:

  • As a co-op student
  • As an intern
  • Part-time with a private business or government department
  • Full-time with a private business or government department

Use this self-assessment tool to determine whether you can work off campus.

Generally, international students can work up to 20 hours per week:

  • During regular school sessions or while you are studying as part of an intensive program with no planned breaks.
  • If your studies are part-time because you are finishing the last session of your program.
  • If you are a graduate student who has finished the required courses for your degree.

You can work full-time:

  • During official school breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break
  • After you finish your studies if you have applied for a non-student work permit


Leave a Reply

Avatar placeholder

Your email address will not be published.